- ALEX IS LOVESICKBerky, Humphries, Pathe UK|1986|Comedy, Drama, RomanceCast: Batya Barak, Rolf Brin, Sharon Hacohen, Uri Kabiri, Avi Kushnir, Jupiter Leonid, Anat Mesner, Avraham Mor, Dorit Peled, Alik Pelman, Shmuel Rodensky, Hana RotDirector: Boaz DavidsonSynopsis: The movie is a romantic comedy which takes place in Israel during the Austerity period of the 1950s. The movie's hero is Alex, a 13 year old boy who is about to attend his Bar Mitzvah. Alex has a typical Polish mother and father that suffers quietly. On account of the difficult economic situation they are compelled to share their apartment with a Persian tenant named Faruk that tries to fight his baldness by means of different creams. Alex falls in love with the new girl in his class, Mimi. Everything changes when his aunt Lola arrives in Israel from Poland to search for lost love. They were together when she lived in Poland but he vanished when Nazis conquered the country. Alex falls for his aunt and she on her part gives him more than just maternal love. The film describes in the exact form the ambiance that dominated the country in the 1950s, the Austerity in Israel in these days, the black markets, the radio broadcasts concentrating on the search for lost relatives.
- ALFREDO LIM: BATAS NG MAYNILASolar Films|1995|Biography, DramaCast: Eddie Garcia, Dang Cecilio, Timmy Cruz, Gabriel Romulo, Rod Navarro, Charlie Davao, Dick IsraelDirector: Ramje (Ramon Jesus Capinpin)Synopsis: Based on the life story of policeman Alfredo Lim, rose from street cop to director of the National Bureau of Investigation and eventually Mayor of the City of Manila.
- ALIENS ATAUP Cineastes' Studio|2017|Drama, Family, ShortCast: William Buenavente, Alexus Gelacio, Bernard Carritero, Diana AlferezDirector: Glenn BaritSynopsis: As two brothers try to understand and cope up with loss and separation, they look at the sky for answers. Could it be aliens? This is a film shot entirely with a drone.
- ALIPIN NG SINING (ART SLAVE)Lexin Production|2013|DramaCast:Director: Joyce Rochelle MontañanoSynopsis: A struggling, self-destructive and impulsive writer is afraid of being contaminated by germs. She arranges the things that she is obsessed about like her books. Until she finally meets someone who could help her publish her own writings in exchange for having sex.
- ALIWAN PARADISECinema Artists Philippines|1992|DramaCast: Johnny Delgado, Julio Diaz, Lara Melissa De Leon, Tess Michelena, Dexter Doria, Tony Mabesa, August Pascual,, Dante Castro, Vic Belardo, Julienne Mendoza, Vangie Labalan, Joseph Olfindo, Cherry Cornell, Olga Natividad, Stella Fausto, Raymond Alsona, Reginald Altera, Joseph Serrano, Peewee O'hara, Elipidio Soliven, Marilyn Basco, Raul Arellano, Adriana Agcaoili,, Angela Garcia, Julie Navarro, Vicente Mendoza Jr., Jess DutonDirector: Mike De LeonSynopsis: Was originally part of the four-country anthology film, "Southern Winds," produced in 1992 by the Japan Foundation in cooperation with NHK Enterprises. "Aliwan Paradise," now a stand alone 28-minute film is an absurd comedy set in a semi-futuristic Philippine limbo - what the country may have become in its insatiable addiction to excessive entertainment.
The film is about two luckless former provincial sweethearts who meet at a Job Audition marathon organized by the fictitious Ministry of Entertainment (something we should seriously contemplate establishing today). In the film, the nation is desperate in its search for the ultimate form of entertainment as if that achievement would validate its reason to survive and be recognized as a thriving nation, rather than a failed state.
-Mike De Leon
- ALKANSIYAUnitel, PLDT-Smart Foundation, CineFilipino, Optima Digital|2013|Drama, ShortCast: Mona Nigparanon, Ker Ortiz, Francil Silva, Gregg TecsonDirector: Joan CajesSynopsis: A boy's desire for an education and a better life sees him rummaging mountains of trash in search of scrap metal to sell.